Fall 2016

Fall 2016
Us

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

All for the Hall!


On October 5, Matt and I were joined by our fabulous friends Jared and Kelly Blumenberg at a once-in-a-lifetime concert in downtown Nashville. The concert was a benefit for the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and was hosted by none other than the fabulous Keith Urban!! In case you didn't know, I LOVE Keith Urban! He is my favorite male country artist and he happens to be one of the ones that I have never seen before in concert. I was soooo excited to see him finally! Since it was a benefit concert, he invited a bunch of other artists to participate. Here is the lineup: Keith Urban, Vince Gill, Billy Currington, Miranda Lambert, Charley Pride, Martina McBride, Dolly Parton, John Mayer, Alison Kraus and Alan Jackson. Yeah, seriously. We saw all of those people in one night! Crazy huh? Alison, Vince, John and Keith are Matt and my faaavorite artists. This was seriously the place to be. We loved it. Keith came out and, (yes, I now consider myself friends with all of these artists and so will only hereafter refer to them by their first names), he played a 40 minute set which included some of my favorite Keith songs. He is so talented and not too bad to look at either. They took a break to reset the stage and then the rest of the show got started. Keith set a theme to the concert: Heroes. He asked all of the artists to come out and sing one of their songs and then a song by one of their musical heroes. Vince came out first and he sang a few and was amazing, of course. Matt says he is one of the best guitar players out there and the most underrated. Then, we enjoyed everyone else performing their various selections. It was so incredible to sit there and see such a great lineup.

Ok, sidenote. Michaela just was yelling and starting to get fussy. I was about to get up and pick her up and I look over and she had picked up her binky and put it in her mouth and now she's quiet. She's so funny. :)

Anyway, the concert was amazing and we loved spending some time with our good friends the B-Bergs for a night out. My amazing friend from church, Jessie Williams, babysat our little munchkin for us and it was such a blessing to have our little crazy girl taken care of for us. Matt and I are now even more convinced that we need to see John Mayer in concert. We love him and could have listened to him all night.Oh! I almost forgot! Keith Urban and Vince Gill played guitar and sang backup for every single artist that night. Talk about backup singers! They made everyone sound even better. I wouldn't mind having them sing backup for me someday.

We had a great time and are so glad we went to the concert. In other news, Matt is going to the dentist for the first time in... I don't even want to tell you how long. We are enjoying the benefits of having insurance for all of us again. Michaela and I went to visit Matt at work and meet his boss and coworkers. He got to show off how cute his little girl is. He is a cute, proud daddy. Well, we are off to take a nice walk on this beautiful fall morning here in Nashville. We are so blessed and look forward to a great holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. I also need to go to the dentist. Hooray for insurance!

    ReplyDelete