Fall 2016

Fall 2016
Us

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thoughts

I guess a blog is supposed to be a place where you can post your ideas and thoughts on what's going on in your life or what you are thinking about. Or just a place where you can vent when you feel the need. Well, although there are a lot of things that I would love to vent about in my life right now, I am going to take this opportunity to share a small blessing I received in my life tonight. I was taking the dog down for her nightly bathroom break. The weather this week has been really nice in Tennessee. I walked outside and glanced up at the sky as I often do. I did a double take as I saw the most amazing sight. The moon was shining more brightly than I've ever seen. The fluffy clouds were surrounding it in a circle and there was mist floating in the air. The cool crisp air and the gorgeous shining moon kind of put some things in perspective for me. As I said, there are a lot of things in my life that are not going how I would like them to right now. There are a lot of people that I love who are struggling and going through a rough time. Consider yourselves all hugged from me. But that's not the point of this post. I was gently reminded that there are beautiful things in the world. We are all a part of a great and amazing plan on this earth. And when someone as insignificant as I am is having a hard time, Heavenly Father will send us a small reminder that we are special and important to Him. Even if that reminder is just a breathtaking sight in the night sky. I wish I could adequately describe the feeling that I had as I saw that gorgeous moon. Even with all of the stresses that we experience in this fast-paced world, we are not alone and there is a big wide world out there where our problems are not even an issue. I felt like I was given a breath of fresh air. I have always thought the moon was amazing. How it controls the tides and gives us light in the darkness of night. I love the little reminder that there are always beautiful things to see in this life. Whether it's the smiles of my daughter or the beauty of the moon or the feeling I get when Matt tells me he loves me, I feel so blessed in the small things and sometimes it's hard to remember those small blessings when we are in the midst of big trials. All I know is that I am so happy I had to take Elle down tonight so I could see that moon and receive that reminder from Heavenly Father that I am important to him. You are all important to me and I hope this thought lets you know that you are all special and loved and that sometimes it's the small blessings in life that make all of the difference. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment