Fall 2016

Fall 2016
Us

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Quirks

Hmmmm, I agree with my sister that it's hard to identify your own quirks because things you do seem pretty normal to yourself. I already mentioned this one in an earlier post but, I am an OCD organizer. If there is clutter, I will organize it. I will organize a mess until it at least looks in some kind of order. I organize book shelves, dvd's, papers, pencils, beds, bedrooms, stuffed animals and pretty much anything else that is lying around the house. I like my silverware to sit straight. I like the magazines in waiting rooms to be in a neat and orderly pile or layed out neatly. What can I say? It's my OCD tendencies at work. I just feel like a room feels so much cleaner if it's organized. I feel like my mind can function better. If I am in a cluttered room it drives me to distraction. I. Must. Clean. This has come in handy many times in my life. I can clean a room and make it look nice in a matter of minutes or seconds depending on the size of the room. Now, I have a 2 year old and various other ages of children hanging out at my house all week. Not to mention a husband that is not OCD about organizing so, there are times (gasp) when my house may be cluttered or unclean. Know that this bothers no one more than me. (Except maybe Grant Comp. Hehehe.) I usually have to go through the house and de-clutter/clean before I go to bed at night. I'm kinda like Monica from "Friends" only not quite as extreme. But maybe. I have a compulsion to clean rooms/houses that are extremely dirty. Regular family clutter just means that a family actually lives in their home and doesn't bother me. Ok, maybe it does. But I am not one to judge, for sure. I could be happy being a professional organizer because I get a high from organizing a room full of chaos into something that looks and feels nice. I should have my own TV show. HGTV here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Hondo says I'm Monica too! Because I clean when I'm anxious or stressed

    ReplyDelete