Fall 2016

Fall 2016
Us

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

My sister told me to blog, so...

I guess it has been awhile since I blogged. July is like 3 months ago. Honestly, it feels like it's been a lot longer than that. I think that has something to do with the fact that we cram so much into our daily lives that it's like we live twice as much as we actually do in time. I told her I haven't blogged because I have been a little pessimistic lately. I have been focusing a little but more on some of the negative things around me and not seeking for the positive as much as I should. It's just a phase. I am working on it. So, I'm going to give a quick family update along with a few thoughts. 

Michaela started school in August. Pre-K. She is a rockstar. She loves school. She can read. Like, she sounds words out and she reads simple sentences and books. She also is constantly asking me how to spell things and writing out little sentences on all of her drawings. She has grown a full inch since May. Her long and skinny chicken legs are just about the cutest things ever. She also gets more gorgeous every day. She is ridiculously hilarious. She likes to make songs up. Random songs about whatever is passing at the time. She will sing her own melodies or she will sing different words to the tune of songs she already knows. She loves Hello Kitty. She is always asking if we can go do "something fun." She loves to be out and active and doing stuff. I have come to the conclusion that it is an instinct to be active. We teach kids to stop moving and  our general health as a whole suffers. Kids love to move. Anyway, back to Michaela. She wants us to call her Michaela, not Miki. I love her name. I always have called her both names interchangeably. But now she tells is that we need to call her Michaela. She doesn't like to be called Miki. I thought we would be safe from this until she was like 12, but apparently that's not the case. I still slip and call her Miki a lot but she is nice about it. Seriously, I love that she already is so strong-willed. She also has this amazing evil cackle that she pulls out when she is being random. It's so hilarious it just makes us laugh. She is such a nurturing soul. She always is wanting to help take care of Lucy or me or Matt. Or everyone. She is so observant. She will talk about things that literally happened like 2 years ago. Memories from her own perspective. She will remind me of things that I have forgotten. Her mind is like a steel trap. She doesn't forget anything. Just this morning on the way to school I was like, "remember when we went to South Carolina last year?" She goes, "yes. We went to the beach. We stayed at Jerry's house. Remember he had The Little mermaid movie? I didn't like it very much but we watched it anyway." All if that was true and it was a year ago exactly. She amazes me. 


We love the Nashville Zoo!

Lucy. She is 2 now. She talks all day long. Just like her big sister, (and her mommy... But whatever.) she is so smart. She loves to play with baby dolls. Her favorite colors are "boo and geen." She loves to play sporty games. Anything with a ball makes her happy. She loves to climb and she loves to swing. She will swing for hours. She is more of a tom boy while miki is more of a girly girl. But they both really can't be completely categorized. She also loves her "parkwy" (sparkley) shoes and she likes to dress up. She likes to color and play with play doh and she LOVES Dora. She is always up for an adventure but she also loves to snuggle on the couch and read or watch a movie. She is a lot like me. And Michaela is a lot like Matt. She is sassy. She will pick on her big sister a lot more than she gets picked on. I am glad she is not the oldest. She loves to dance and sing. She sings all day long in her car seat or the house. She is my little shadow. She follows me all around everywhere. It's cute and slightly annoying at times. But I would much rather have my kids want to hang out with me than not. They both hate it when I leave and are the happiest greeting party when I get home. I love hearing their little voices yell "mommy's home!!!" And run over to give me hugs. Life is pretty awesome for them and they constantly remind me to slow down and enjoy the moments. 

Cute little buns and some snacks. 

Mommy and Lucy time while Michaela is at school is the best. 

Girl time! 

Silliness at the Zoo. 

More of her awesome personality. 

Some things I have been doing:

I run. For exercise and fun. (Weird, I know.) 

I have been doing 2-3 LuLaRoe parties and events each week. 

I ran my first ever 5K. Time: 33:51.3. I was super proud of myself. Michaela also ran the kids run that same day. 

I am now doing 10K training. 

I sing a lot. With the Nashville Belles all-female acappella group and in the Nashville Symphony Chorus. 

I have lost 14 pounds and lots of inches since June. 

I miss my family. 

I have been reading a lot lately too. 

At the movies with my friend, Becky. Rocking some LuLaRoe. 

One of my Favorite dresses. 

After the 5K! 


I model my own clothes a lot. Love this outfit. 

Date nights at home with a movie are a regular occurrence. We love after bedtime hang out time. 

Matt uses me sometimes for his demos. It's always a good time. And it's also rare which is good cause it's not my favorite thing to record vocals. 

Another date night. 

Also, my husband. He is awesome. He has been a trooper lately. Gigging late nights 4-5 times a week and also keeping up with his demanding schedule of client demos during the day at his home studio. He also has been sick for like a month. Bronchitis-like symptoms and lots of allergies. Multiple trips to the doctor, shots and antibiotics and he finally seems to be getting better. He also is doing a 30 day juice and shake cleanse/diet. And he is starting to run. Hoping we can do a 5k together in December. He is one of the most hard working and self-motivated people I know. He also continues to get better and better at his craft. He is an incredible singer. He plays the guitar like nobody's business. He is always trying to improve in his musicianship. I look up to him in so many ways. 

We are blessed. We love our life. I think the biggest thing I would wish for us is that we could be closer to our family. But we are grateful for FaceTime and social media so we can be a part of each others lives on an almost daily basis still. 

I am grateful for this time in our lives. Our kids are amazing. We love each other. We are happily busy and we also get lots of quality time together. We live in a cozy house and we love Nashville. It's a beautiful place and a dynamic city. 

We hope to add to our family sometime in the next year or so. We will see how it goes! 

Much love. 


Here is a picture of the Matte Gray Band performing at the Tin Roof on Broadway. 
Like I said, my hubs is the man. 

1 comment: