Fall 2016

Fall 2016
Us

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

10 Favorite Songs

I am catching up, so I'm not going to get all creative and post links to the songs. I will just list them out and let you all imagine the songs for yourselves. :)

In No Particular Order:

1. Finale B from RENT. I sang this song with a group of my friends at my Senior Recital. I love it.
2. Ok, I'm gonna cheat a little and lump some into one category. I love Nickel Creek: Why Should the Fire Die?, Reason's Why, Out of the Woods, Tomorrow is a Long time, The Lighthouse, Sweet Afton. Their music is truly beautiful and inspiring. Matt and I love to sing their songs.
3. For You by Matt Griffith. Go listen to it at http://www.reverbnation.com/mattgriffith
4. Fall Into Me by Emerson Drive
5. Somebody Like You by Keith Urban
6. Be Still, My Soul from the LDS Hymn book. This song is so ethereal and I love the words.
7. Defying Gravity from the musical Wicked. Girl power song. Gotta love it.
8. The Heart of Life by John Mayer. Just an inspiring song and I love the music.
9. The Wind by Cat Stevens as sung by Matt Griffith
10. Fire and Rain by James Taylor as sung by Matt Griffith

I would recommend these songs to anyone. They are just good tunes that make you feel happy and remember the good things in life. I could go on and on. Music is one of the greatest influences in my life.

"For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me. And it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." Doctrine and Covenants 25:12

2 comments:

  1. After I posted mine the rest of the day I kept thinking of a song and I'd be like "Oh I should've put this...oh I love this one..." It's hard to pick 10! You and I picked two that are the same. Also, what you did with Nickel Creek I could've done with John Mayer. My post could've been "Listen to John Mayer songs" and that would be it.
    Did you know that when you click to link a video you can search directly from youtube and choose? Google and Youtube are linked so it's super easy. Just for futer reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it I spelled future wrong. How embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete