Fall 2016

Fall 2016
Us

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Favorite Childhood Book

This one is tough too. I have always loved to read and loved being read to. Some of my favorite memories are of my mom sitting in the rocking chair in Holly and Lisa's room at night reading to us. She read us Winnie the Pooh, Anne of Green Gables and many many other series and books. Oddly enough, one of the first books I remember reading on my own and loving was a chapter book. The Incredible Journey by Sheila Burnford. I just remember loving the story and the companionship the characters shared. I didn't see the movie till after I read the book and I like them both.

Another one I loved right away was Number the Stars by Lois Lowry. I still love that one and pull it out to read it once in awhile. It opened up my world to the possibility that bad things happen but good things can come of it. I have been interested in studying the Holocaust ever since.

And let me just say, please read to your kids! It will help them in ways you can't even imagine. Even if you don't feel comfortable, do it anyway. They will appreciate and love you for it and it will bring you closer together. Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment