Fall 2016

Fall 2016
Us

Saturday, June 30, 2012

The last time I cried

I don't think it would surprise anyone that I cry pretty much every day. I am the kind of person that wears my heart on my sleeve. I am not afraid to show emotion. I don't have a choice actually. I can't control my tear ducts at all! I cry when I am sad, happy, inspired, angry (which makes me more angry), and any other passionate emotion. It's worse when I'm pregnant. My poor husband. Hehehe.

I have to say, the reasons that I have cried in the past 2 days have been because I am worried about people that I love. There are a lot of people that are really close to me who are going through so much right now. Like, huge, life-altering things that will alter their futures and change their families. Some of it can be positive but most of these things are huge trials. I am inspired by these people daily and humbled and grateful for their examples and for the blessings I have. I cried yesterday while I was talking to one of my sisters about these situations. I wish I could take away the burdens of worry, doubt, fear, frustrations from all of these amazing people. I hope they all know that I pray for them and think of them almost constantly. I also wish I had millions of dollars so I could ease their financial burdens for them as well. Money doesn't buy happiness? Well, it sure can reduce stress.

Another reason that I have cried almost everyday is that my home is currently being ravaged by wildfires. The entire state of Colorado is being effected by these awful fires. There is wildlife being lost, homes being lost and people's lives being changed forever. Not to mention just the incredible amount of some of the most beautiful and breathtaking land in this world that is being totally destroyed. The inspiring thing about nature is that it always will rejuvenate itself. It may take years, but it will come back. Little green shoots of grass and trees will start to poke up. Seeds will spread and animals will return. But it is so devastating to see the destruction. I am so heartsick I actually haven't really wanted to talk about it at all because I feel physically sick. For those of you who have never been to Colorado, go. It will change your life. Go after the fires are over to help support the local economy and get people back on their feet. Help the firefighters and Red Cross with your prayers, support and finances if you have them. That is all I have to say about that.

This is a photo from the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel. This is my hometown. The fire is getting closer. God be with the people fighting it and the evacuees.

I believe this is the fire in Colorado Springs. My sister says the air all over Colorado smells like campfire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment