Fall 2016

Fall 2016
Us

Friday, June 15, 2012

Blog Challenge: Favorite Quote

I agree with my fellow blog-challengers that this one is hard. There are many many quotes that have affected me and that I love and turn to often. I love reading and when I come across a good quote in a book I love how it can change your way of thinking. There are many scriptures that I turn to and think about when I need some inspiration and motivation. There are many moments in books that affect me greatly and I think of them often as well. So I will list a few of my favorites:

“When I left Queen's my future seemed to stretch out before me like a straight road. I thought I could see along it for many a milestone. Now there is a bend in it. I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does.” 
― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables

“I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.” 
― L.M. Montgomery

“It's not what the world holds for you. It's what you bring to it.” 
― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables

“Life is worth living as long as there's a laugh in it.” 
― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables

(Sidenote: I love the Anne of Green Gables series. I read it probably once a year.)

"Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right, and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort." Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


The above quote is the part of one of my favorite speeches in the Harry Potter Books. It's Dumbledore's "Remember Cedric Diggory" speech at the end of the Goblet of Fire. I don't have my book with me as I am on vacation and so I can't post the entire thing but this is a good representation.

John 14:18

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 15:13

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

 3 Nephi 17:Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy.



The last scripture is found in The Book Of Mormon when Jesus Christ visits His people on the American continent after His atonement. I love how much Jesus Christ loves His children.

That's it for now, there are soooo many more quotes I could post and maybe I will later in my own post. Thanks for sticking with me!

1 comment: