Fall 2016

Fall 2016
Us

Monday, June 4, 2012

Earliest Childhood Memory

Ok, this one is easy. My parents moved to Broomfield, CO when I was only a few months old from Grand Junction. My dad got a job and there weren't many to be had in those days. So they took us to a little 2 bedroom house on W 132nd Ave. Holly was born when I was 18 months old and then mom got pregnant with Lisa 9 months after that. Yeah, my parents are crazy people. So that little house got too small really quickly. They found a house right down the street from the one we were living in. This became the house that I grew up in until I left for college. So, when we moved mom was pregnant with Lisa and Holly was a baby. I was 2. And I remember it. Not vividly but I have a few memories from that day. I remember walking down the street holding my moms hand while she was carrying Holly to the new house. I remember dad picking me up and walking down into the basement to look at it. The landlords were showing him I think. I also remember my Gramps was there painting my parents bedroom. It was pink and they were painting it white. He told me not to touch the wall because I would get paint on my hands. I didn't believe him so I put my hand on the wall and... it got covered in paint! Who'd have thunk?? I remember my hand felt really weird and I didn't want to show anyone cause I thought I would get in trouble.

That house has meant a lot to me over the years. It was a special place for all of us. My parents moved out of it when I graduated from college in 2006. My brother and his wife now own it and have turned it into such a great little house! I love that it is always going to be a part of the Mahan family legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment